- This event has passed.
December 15, 2018 @ 7:00 pm
*As a Closed Group, the above event link will only load for Facebook group members.
What’s that jingle-jangling through the crisp December air? Could it be Ho Ho’s sleigh—you never know during Candlenights season!
Candlenights is a pan-religious, pan-sexual, personal pan holiday and this is MaxFun NYC’s official holiday party. We’ll be toasting the season with seasonal drink specials, making merry and exchanging goodies. Here are the details:
Preferred Dress Code
Any of the following:
- Ugly sweaters
- Santa or elf
- Hanukkah, Kwanzaa or other season holiday garb only if it is appropriate for you to be wearing it
- The traditional outfit of your own, invented winter holiday
- Maximum Fun show references (this includes cosplay)
🍪 Candlenights Cookie-bration 🍪 — 7:00pm
It can’t officially be Candlenights without cookies. Lots of cookies. Bring your own take on Candlenights cookies and share them with your friends. Whether you prefer a traditional cookie or something bold and new, we want to let you express yourself through the medium of cookies. Will this the year of the Zagalog or the “I Hate You, MacaRon?”
🔥 Hot Booze 🔥 — All Night
The only good thing about cold weather: hot alcohol. We’ll be serving a menu of festive drinks all night that includes hot apple cider, hot chocolate, hot toddies and the seasonal special: eggnog.
❤️ Full Hearts, Full Stomachs ❤️ — All Night
As we celebrate the holidays with bellies full of food, many people spend the winter going without. Now’s the time that lots of people donate food to their local pantries. Unfortunately, the pantries DON’T WANT YOUR FOOD! That’s why we’ll be taking cash collections all to help the Food Bank of New York City provide meals during Candlenights and in the coming months when donations dwindle.
🎁 Yankee Swap 🎁 — 10pm
Imagine a group-based Secret Santa fueled equally by love and backstabbing. That’s a Yankee Swap.the rules are as follows:
- To enter, you bring a gift (under $25) that you think your fellow MaxFun NYC friends will like.
- We draw numbers from a hat, with the numbers deciding the order in which we take presents from the communal table
- Person #1 picks a present from the table
- People #2 onwards get a choice: pick an unopened present from the table or steal another player’s present
- Presents can only be stolen a maximum of twice. After that, they’re out of contention
- This is just a game after all, so you can feel free to exchange gifts you’ve won with other players afterwards. What am I, your dad?