- This event has passed.
MaxFun Book Swap
June 15, 2019 @ 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
*As a Closed Facebook group, the above Event link will only load for Facebook group members.
Hang out with pals! Get rid of books! Acquire new ones! Appreciate literature! Look, most of us will be traveling + not working during Thanksgiving weekend, so you will DEFINITELY have time to read something.
Here are the rules:
0) Everybody is invited
1) Bring any number of books (including zero) of any genre
2) Take any number of books, including zero
3) Leftover books are donated to charity
4) Fraternize with the good people of MaxFun NYC over some food and drink
5) Please only bring books in good, resellable condition
6) Depending on interest, we might do a group dinner or something in the neighborhood
That’s it! It’s always a good time. Please leave any questions, comments, admonitions, heckles, etc. in the comments.
Q: How many books should I bring?
A: Anywhere from zero to a million. There’s no minimum requirement (bringing zero books is absolutely fine) and all leftovers go to charity, so it’s NBD.
Q: What sort of books should I bring?
A: Anything you think people will be interested in! Last time people brought and took home fiction, nonfiction, cookbooks, and comic books. Just make sure they’re in good condition – no heavy markup, no water damage, binding isn’t falling off, etc.
Q: This sounds like lots of fun and a great way to hang out with some good people, discuss fine (and not-so-fine) literature, maybe have a drink or two, and generally just kill it on a Saturday afternoon.
A: Not a question, but yes that is correct.